Sargent's Estate, Holm Lea
Holm Lea was a 150-acre estate that belonged to Charles S. Sargent’s father Ignatius. Charles S. Sargent began managing Holm Lea in 1868 after returning from military service and travel in Europe. He created a naturalistic landscape with a wide variety of plants. The estate was admired for its beautiful and harmonious design. The property was subdivided in the late 1920s, and the original home no longer survives, but Sargent’s Pond, excavated in the 1870s, still exists.